According to the calendar it’s not officially summer but when it gets hot here and the schools are out, I call it summer. What does “summer” bring to mind? For me:
- Cold watermelon! My son does not like watermelon. Who is this kid?
- Sun tea. I don’t do it often but when I do, it’s just so good. I need a good sun tea pitcher.
- Pool days. We do not own a pool or have access to a community pool but when I am near a pool with a book in hand, I’m pretty happy.
- Beach days. It’s not a beach day to me without a tuna salad sandwich. My newly vegetarian self has not found a good replacement for this. My friend’s mom used to make us the best tuna salad piled onto buttered whole grain bread. Served with Pringles.
- Big blockbuster movies. Will we have any this summer?
- Summer reading, of course.
What do you think of when you hear the word summer?
After a chaotic college move-out for my son, where the bed flew off his car and ripped the roof rack off in the process, he did eventually make it here. Our mornings will be a little different now although I have no idea why since no one wakes up until after 11am these days. I wake at 5 a.m. ALL THE TIME which is an hour later than I used to when I went in to work.
My book club meets this week in-person and outside.
We have dental appointments this Saturday. Cleanings. I don’t know if I ever mentioned it but my dentist is not close to us but I’ve been going to that office for 30+ years! Since it’s a drive, we schedule our cleanings on the weekend and go together. We usually grab lunch afterward.
I must put my summer reading aside to get to Go Tell It On The Mountain which we are discussing for my club meeting this Wednesday.
My son wants me to watch the Loki series on Disney Plus. He also has us watching Barry on Netflix. Still have one more episode of Marcella to watch on Netflix. In my opinion, it tanked towards the end and then I lost interest. We will finish it but I am not very motivated to do so.
- Friends who listen to me blather on about all of my worries and concerns. Truly, you are so valuable and I appreciate you.
Have a wonderful Sunday and a wonderful week!