I actually came back earlier this week but you know how it is. You come home to laundry, no groceries in the fridge, and piles of mail to go through. And yes, my family was home.
My group and I had a fabulous week though. I spent a lot of hours outdoors and it was so good to just sit outside and be. This was an early morning shot of the lake. It was so peaceful in the morning.
A few highlights:
- I didn’t die (always a plus but lots of people were injured during activities)
- Somehow my average of 3.0 hours of sleep per night did not affect me at ALL. I had lots of pep.
- The girls taught me how to play Mafia and it was super fun.
- Although I didn’t get the gluten free meal plan, I had plenty to eat and didn’t have any reactions. Huge win.
- So many wonderful conversations in the cabin.
- Even when our bus broke down and something ran across my foot, I could see the humor in it.
- There is nothing quite like bonding in a cabin with 10 other people.
- Sink time or mirror time is like a Hunger Game’s battle when there are 10 other ladies in the cabin. What would it take to hang another mirror up??
We are about to head out to church. In the summer, our church does At The Movies and it’s so much fun. They show a clip of a movie and then tie it to the teaching. They make popcorn too! Last week we saw The Sandlot. Not sure what today’s movie is but our pastor said to bring tissues.
Praise Jesus because my daughter’s one summer class is almost done. Just ten more days. She still has the other class to deal with but it will be easier for her when she only has the one class. It’s been a challenge to cram a semester into 5 weeks.
Also, she was cast as one of the Doo Wop girls in Little Shop (Ronette), She got a callback for Audrey, huge accomplishment but it would have been a lot with her two classes. She is very happy with Ronette.
I didn’t get much reading done at the lake. When I had time I spent it just gazing out at the water or sneaking a shake in. They have the best shakes there.
I keep watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt because one day we want to live by a body of water. Could be Oregon. Could be somewhere else.
But, the new season of Stranger Things is just around the corner! I cannot wait! My entire family plans to watch the entire season over July 4th weekend. That is when it comes out, right?
Fear the Walking Dead started up again and as usual, the story is all over the place. Pick a direction for these characters and go with it!
New Things I’ve Tried:
At my club meeting this past week, we were served a Korean meal to go along with Pachinko, and part of that meal was this delicious Korean drink. It’s kind like flavored vodka but made of rice. It’s potent and so yummy.
I am so grateful for our awesome camp experience. I was so worried about my health when I left but all was good in that department and I seem to be good right now although still sore. All that hill climbing to the cabin and back! Wow. My legs hate me right now. Still.
So what did I miss? A week without internet or my phone and nothing much seems to have happened. Fill me in.