Christmas is all about tradition and spending time with friends and family but for this girl (ahem, woman), it’s not Christmas unless I get to enjoy my Borden Eggnog.
Yes, it’s in a can, but if you like eggnog, it’s the yummiest, creamiest, most-bad-for-you-on-the-planet goodness! It’s great on its own, but in coffee? Wow.
Someone is playing a cruel joke on me though because I can’t find it anywhere. I searched online and it looks like it was recently acquired by another company, but I haven’t seen it anywhere and all of the grocery store / beverage store clerks scratch their heads when I ask about it.
I’ve tried several other brands and some come close, but there’s always something wrong with them. They are either too sweet, or too thick or too…something.
However, I did find another beverage to tide me over. I talked about it on Facebook recently.
Someone brought a bottle of this to the book club holiday meeting and let me tell you, it was quite a hit. ChocoVine is Cabernet and Dutch Chocolate and reminiscent of Baileys. Served over ice, this was a big hit. Lots of places carry it which makes it almost too easy for me to enjoy. Who comes up with this stuff? It’s sinful, but so so good and I don’t even like sweets!
Some people crave their hot apple ciders, others their Salted Caramel Hot Chocs from Starbucks. What’s your poison?
- Cooking with The Girl is an adventure. It’s a wonder that anything lands in the pot.
- Everything tastes better with butter or cream. Everything.
- Fine china is too pretty to use just a couple of times a year.
- It’s important to have regular meals while cooking all this food because a taste here and a taste there and all of a sudden…you’ve had your Thanksgiving meal. Ugh.
- The cornbread dressing did not come close to Momo’s dressing, until I burned it. Now it tastes just like hers!
- Wine. Specifically red wine makes me a better cook. Well, it certainly makes me a happier cook. La la la. See how happy I am?
While the pie is in the oven, I am waiting for The Boy to call me so that I can pick him up. He got out of school early and asked if he and his friends could grab a burger next door. His “friends” include a girl that he likes. He wanted to treat her to lunch. I’m not sure my brain is ready to absorb this piece of information but I figured, lunch with friends is innocent enough. Apparently, the winter formal is coming up. Need I say more?
I probably won’t be online tomorrow, so I must tell you all how much you mean to me. Your comments, your emails and your friendship mean the world to me. You make my work day that much brighter and when I am down, all I have to do is open my reader and within minutes, I am feeling so much better. You guys rock!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you. May you find joy in all that you do.