Guys, between this soul-sucking job and books that have completely stalled me on the reading front, I am floating around like flotsam in the ocean. I’m not much of a break taker but bookish talk can’t really happen when reading isn’t in progress in some way.
Instead, I will focus on what I am reaching for these days in an attempt to pick up my weary soul and spark something resembling motivation. Maybe you feel like me right now? If so, I hope you find a little nugget of joy in this post.
This is what’s filling me up lately:
That Sounds Fun Podcast with Annie F. Downs
- Love the conversational tone.
- Thoughtful, well-researched topics.
- Guests you can relate to.
- I always feel good after listening to an episode.
- She’s an artist so her posts are so pleasing to the eye.
- Each of her posts has meaningful content that lifts you up.
- When I am feeling defeated at the end of the day, this is the account I spend time with.
- A short, 24 day plan that gives me hope on my way to work each morning. I let the wisdom seep in before starting my day.
- Good, real-life examples of what holds us back from happiness and freedom. If you’ve ever felt tied down or held hostage to something, this is a good plan for you.
The Idea That Fall Is Here (even though it’s not in Ca.)
- I mean, Pumpkin Spice Bagels. How can you go wrong?
- Cinnamon brooms. Put one in your car and thank me later.
- Homemade soup.
- Woody-smelling candles. Reminds me of nature.
- Fluffy throw blankets. If I turn the AC down, I can wear these.
That’s it! These things have brought me some peace during this very frustrating time. I just want to do my job and be. I want to be happy like everyone else. I am simple in my wants and have never asked for much and yet these past few months have been such a total bore.
But, now that I finished my book club read, I hope to knock the review out, finally get to King’s new book and hopefully put this reading slump to bed. Reading always resets my brain so not doing it has caused the muck to stack up.
Hitting the reset button now.