This weekend came and went without too much to show for it. I wanted to get some things done around here but I didn’t get to any of it. I guess it’s because I lacked a plan and just sort of went with it and that never works for me. This was my weekend:
- On Friday, I ate way too much which started my weekend off on the wrong foot. Part of it was because of not eating enough the day before because of some testing I had to have, but really I am just using that as an excuse.
- Saturday morning I went for a long walk. I haven’t been doing my walking but it felt good to get it in and on the weekend no less!
- Saturday afternoon I had to buy shoes for The Girl since she is growing like a weed and her little, fake Ugg boots are beginning to look ridiculous in this 75 degree heat. We couldn’t do anything as a family since The Hub committed to helping a friend, so the kids and I just hung around the house afterward and didn’t do a darn thing.
- Saturday night we watched 2012 which was totally ridiculous but highly entertaining and then because I couldn’t get enough destruction, I went to bed with The Dead and the Gone and stayed up all night reading it. My review posts tomorrow.
- Early this morning The Girl came into our room and had a breathing episode. She has reactive airway and something set her off, so a couple of breathing treatments later she was bouncing off the wall and begging for blueberry pancakes and bacon. Cooking at 6am on a Sunday morning should be a sin. A yummy sin, but still a sin.
- After breakfast we went to buy a steam mop. Whoopee!! You know you’re too old when you get excited over an appliance.
- Tonight we are going out for pizza (see how overeating on Friday has caused an avalanche effect on my eating?)
Right now I am going to try to finish Mockingbird. Only a few pages left but the house is sort of filled with kid noise right now so it may not happen.