- Whenever you have something you want to share, just spill it (you know you want to). Just create a post of your own, grab the button thingy above and then post a comment with the link to your post.
- I will be here every Saturday, but you need not commit to a weekly post. Post when you have something to share.
- Posts can be rants about something you are reading, or a deep, dark secret. All I ask is that the post relates to reading or blog reading in some way. If you want to piggy-back off of what I post, then that’s okay too.
- Posts can be as short or as long as you like and can include more than one topic.
- The goal is to get to know one another better.
Has a book ever done you in? Meaning, have you ever been so intimidated by a book that you actually find yourself loathing it? Years and years ago I picked up a copy of Moby Dick, read a few chapters and literally threw it against a wall. It frustrated me. Mainly because it seemed so above me and of course that was hard to admit at the time.
So a few years passed and I picked it up again. The same, battered copy no less! That time I got a little further but it still frustrated me. I thought that with age and experience I would somehow be at one with it. That didn’t happen though.
To make a long story short I have attempted to read it a total of SEVEN times. Yes! Seven! I don’t think anyone ever told me how wonderful it is or anything like that but for some reason, I feel the need to read it. You know, to put it to bed once and for all.
The other day I went to the bookstore and bought a better copy. One that wasn’t beat up from my abuse. I plan to read it in chunks and then post about it as I go along. Even if it takes me half a year, I plan to finish it this time so that I can mark it off my list.
Would anyone care to join me? I am going to start reading four pages a day beginning on Nov 16th and then post my thoughts each Monday. Anyone can do four pages a day, right? If you want to join me, or even if you want to join me but read another book that you’ve been wanting to cross off your list, then just let me know in comments. There’s power in numbers.
If you’d like to include your own confession, just share the link to your post below. Or, if you aren’t quite ready to post your own confession then comments are fine too.
Note: I am skipping Mister Linky since there hasn’t been that much of a response so just post your link below if you do decide to post your own confession.