Christmas update in a bulleted list:
- 12/23 at 10:15am. Edison shut the power down to prevent brush fires due to the high winds and dry conditions. I had just stocked two refrigerators and a freezer.
- 12/23 in the evening, we were told not to expect power until late Christmas day. We got coolers out and packed up what we could, including my Christmas Miracle rib roast that the nice butcher cut specifically for me.
- 12/24, Christmas Eve, we had a rough morning. It was cold and we were not in the mood for much. We tried to play some games but no one was in the mood and phones were dead too by this point. We hit McDs for breakfast. Had to get propane in the event that the Christmas meal would be cooked by BBQ.
- 12/24, late afternoon, power was restored. We quickly heated the house and watched three movies to cheer us up. I cannot tell you how happy I was to have power again. So happy that I forgot about that Icelandic tradition of reading on Christmas Eve.
- 12/25, Christmas was great and we were able to have breakfast and dinner as planned. All the food was okay and safe to eat since we packed it so well in the coolers.
Enjoying coffee and the morning news. Trying to figure out what we will do today.
One day this week we will head up the coast to visit with my son. That will be good. It’s a nice drive and he is going to take us to a park he likes to visit. The Otter Pup will be on cloud nine as she misses him a lot. Every time he calls she always looks around trying to find him.
I will be reading The Overstory for my official first book of 2021. However, since I finished Pride and Prejudice I did dip into my book club book for late January, The Memory Police.
I finally watched Meet Me in St. Louis. THE sweetest, most charming movie ever. I highly recommend it.
- Need I say it? Electricity.
- Although I was in a bad mood about all the food possibly spoiling, I was also reminded how lucky we are to have two refrigerators and a freezer full of food. Definitely something I am grateful for.
- That will we be able to see my son this week even if only for the day.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you all remain healthy and well.