It’s one of those weeks.
After a glorious birthday weekend, I am in a funk. Too much to keep track of and I am feeling a tad overwhelmed. It happens this time of year. My brain is ready to move into fall but the weather says otherwise so I am all out of whack.
I really need to sit down and write all of the reviews that I’ve worked out in my head. I think I am at least six books behind. One good thing, is that the reading continues. I am nearing the finish line with The Sparrow. I am not sure what to make of this book. It’s not at ALL what I imagined it to be. Some chapters I love, some…not so much. I think I need to finish it before I say more because everyone who has read it says it blew their mind. Thank goodness for reading or I’d lose my mind.
I am trying to get stuff in order this week because everything seems to be starting up next week. Choir, drama, community theater, cheer camp, booster club meetings, my promise to build a webpage, bake sales… it’s all starting up and it’s time to dust off the calendar (I still use paper in addition to an app).
None of this new but as I get older I seem less able to deal with it all. I know some of you can relate. I think it’s a lack of patience on my part.
Just so I don’t leave you all on a down note, I am going to make a list of all the things I am looking forward to. You can add your own items in comments if you’d like to jump on board with me.
Looking forward to…( in no particular order)
- Dinner with friends this weekend.
- Next week’s kick-off of Annie. Both kids will be auditioning for roles.
- Football, high school and professional. Can’t say I follow the games too well but I enjoy watching.
- Seeing The Teen in The 39 Steps later this year.
- Taking The Girl to see Wicked. I have seen it twice but she was too young when it hit town the first time.
- Celebrating The Girl’s birthday in October.
- Candles! I love candles. I can’t wait until the weather cools off a little so I can light them up.
- The Something Wicked This Way Comes read along that Sandy and I are hosting in October! Bradbury! Carnival setting! LOVE it.
- Spiced cider.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Scary movies.
- Scary reading. RIP IX? Yep.
- Fall back (time change)
- Holiday time off. Vacation requests, approved! YES!
- The November release of Revival by King. I plan to do a read along for that one too.
- The new short novel that Haruki Murakami will be releasing in December (The Strange Library). I kid you not.
- Had to add American Horror Story, Season 4 and The Walking Dead, Season 5. Lordy! Cannot forget them!
I will leave it at that but I could go on and on. What are you looking forward to?