There is nothing more magical than Disneyland during the holidays. Here’s how it went down:
- We made plans over 6 months ago to visit Disneyland over Winter break on December, 22nd.
- On December 20th, the newscasters were predicting the WORST storm of the year to hit over the next few days.
- On December 21st, I had a hair appointment and my stylist told me that her visit to Disneyland on December 20th (the day before) was the worst one ever. It poured, none of the food places were open and there was some sort of electrical problem which caused many of the rides to shut down.
- I came home and told The Hub that we needed to cancel. He said no, that all would be fine.
- On December 22nd we hit the road at 6am and it was pouring! The freeways were horrible and I am a nervous Nellie when it comes to driving in the rain. I had to take a Dramamine, which works like a sedative for me.
- We arrived at Disneyland right when the gates opened. No one was there. No one was parked. We literally parked 6 spaces from the elevator on the FIRST floor. Unheard of. We were the only ones on the parking shuttle. We were the only ones buying tickets. I was a tad stoned from the Dramamine.
- On Main Street, there were a couple of small groups. That’s it.
- I jumped up and down. The kids jumped up and down and we all ran to Space Mountain.
The ENTIRE day was that way. There were no lines for anything. We went on everything twice. The only thing I didn’t consider was that I’d be practically hobbled after 15 hours of walking. Oh! And the poor Girl was hobbled too. She wore her boots and her poor little feet got all bruised. Then there was that rude cast member that screamed at us after WE got stuck on Indiana Jones for 30 minutes but I chalked that up to holiday grouchiness. She couldn’t rain on our parade.
Yes, it rained all day but cleared for the fireworks show and then we stayed down there for the night so we didn’t have to worry about the drive back. It was the best trip ever. Oh, and the highlight of the day was Captain Eo. Let me just say, that if the Jacksons had any idea how many people laugh at that attraction, they probably wouldn’t allow it to be viewed. Period.
When we got back the next day, we met friends for dinner at Buca Di Beppo. Great food. Great friends. It was really fun. That place is loud! I had a hard time hearing anyone but it was still fun.
Christmas Eve was spent with the in-laws where there was a bit of family drama. I retreated to the fire pit and hung out with The Boy who also retreated to the fire pit. Thank goodness for the fire pit.
Christmas Day we gorged on french toast and bacon and lots of good coffee and then had a full Christmas dinner later that day. In between, I was able to get a little bit of reading in, but only a little bit.
Yesterday we saw Tron. Good flick. I don’t enjoy movies that much these days. People get on my nerves with their texting and loud talking but I didn’t experience any of that this time. All was good.
I am off this week and trying to catch-up on my reading, which I will explain in another post but my reading list suddenly got longer.
Hope the week is going well for you.