- Cooking with The Girl is an adventure. It’s a wonder that anything lands in the pot.
- Everything tastes better with butter or cream. Everything.
- Fine china is too pretty to use just a couple of times a year.
- It’s important to have regular meals while cooking all this food because a taste here and a taste there and all of a sudden…you’ve had your Thanksgiving meal. Ugh.
- The cornbread dressing did not come close to Momo’s dressing, until I burned it. Now it tastes just like hers!
- Wine. Specifically red wine makes me a better cook. Well, it certainly makes me a happier cook. La la la. See how happy I am?
While the pie is in the oven, I am waiting for The Boy to call me so that I can pick him up. He got out of school early and asked if he and his friends could grab a burger next door. His “friends” include a girl that he likes. He wanted to treat her to lunch. I’m not sure my brain is ready to absorb this piece of information but I figured, lunch with friends is innocent enough. Apparently, the winter formal is coming up. Need I say more?
I probably won’t be online tomorrow, so I must tell you all how much you mean to me. Your comments, your emails and your friendship mean the world to me. You make my work day that much brighter and when I am down, all I have to do is open my reader and within minutes, I am feeling so much better. You guys rock!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you. May you find joy in all that you do.