As my life gets busy I can’t help but be quiet here. It will be a good week before things are back to normal. The first weekend of The Wizard of Oz is done. One more to go.
It was really hard to keep the days straight this week. Production week had a lot to do with it but so did the holiday on Monday. Totally threw me off. I wasn’t planning to head to church today because of how busy we’ve been (planned to watch online) but I am going to drag my butt in.
I don’t know what I was thinking but I scheduled a hair appointment this week and my life group starts back up again. One day at a time. Right?
I laugh at this. No reading going on at the moment but perhaps this week. I am waiting for The Golden State to come in from the library. I recommended that they buy it and they bought it, so I am #1 on the list.
The new TV is finally set up. We didn’t have Hulu before but we have it now and I started an episode of The Handmaid’s Tale. I’m not sure I’m in the mood for it right now. I’ve also been recording The Passage too but haven’t watched yet.
New Things I’ve Tried:
Unexpected Cheddar from Trader Joe’s. Best cheese ever. I could eat the entire brick myself. Add a little wine and some nuts and you’ve got a party.
The people I get to work with backstage. Fun, fun group.
If you could play any character in a musical, what would be your dream role?
This is a list of the books I read in 2018. It was a good reading year. Lots of good reads.
Each link takes you directly to my review of that book. Happy New Year!
- Nutshell by Ian McEwan
- Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
- Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak
- The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood
- Nomadland by Jessica Bruder
- Start Without Me by Joshua Max Feldman
- Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- Strange Weather by Joe Hill
- Rainbirds by Clarissa Goenawan
- Future Home of the Living God by Louise Erdrich
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce
- Sunburn by Laura Lippman
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian
- The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer
- The Other Mother by Carol Goodman
- A Truck Full of Money by Tracy Kidder
- Go Ask Fannie by Elisabeth Hyde
- Other People’s Houses by Abbi Waxman
- The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy
- The Outsider by Stephen King
- Tin Man by Sarah Winman
- Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal
- Visible Empire by Hannah Pittard
- Soul Keeping by John Ortberg
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
- Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
- Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding
- Exit West by Moshin Hamid
- Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips
- The Bar Harbor Retirement Home for Famous Writers and Their Muses by Terri-Lynne DeFino
- The Boy at the Keyhole by Stephen Giles
- Florida by Lauren Groff
- Killing Commendatore by Haruki Murakami
- Sourdough by Robin Sloan
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
- Christmas on Cape Cod by Nan Rossiter
- The Incendiaries by R.O. Kwon
- Force of Nature by Jane Harper
- Becoming by Michelle Obama