Two things you should know (in addition to the 20 things I will mention here):
- The eye has not completely healed and I’ve had to cut back on reading both books and blogs so reviews are a little backed up.
- I am having problems with replying to comments on my own blog! I can reply, but doing so includes my email headers as well. WordPress knows about it and is working on it but it’s taking a long time to fix. So when I reply to you by email, you may see a lot of extra stuff in the reply.
Okay, now for this post. I was tagged a long time ago and made a note to work it in soon, and now is just the perfect time since I am so far behind in my reading.
I was tagged by The Reading Wench! Thank you!
20 Questions About Me:
1. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
2. DO YOU HAVE A HIDDEN TALENT?
I can twirl a baton like nobody’s business. I can do the splits. I can’t GET UP from the splits but I can still do them.
3. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST BLOG-RELATED PET PEEVE?
Bloggers who never reply to comments.
4. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NON-BLOG RELATED PET-PEEVE?
People who do not say thank you when I hold a door for them.
5. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SONG?
One song? I can tell you this, I get really really happy when I hear Brown Eyed Girl.
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ETSY SHOP?
I sometimes look at the bookish offerings and I’ve purchased custom dog tags before but even the smallest transactions seem to have problems so I don’t visit often.
7. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME WHEN YOU’RE ALONE?
Typically, reading but lately I try to catch some winks. I don’t sleep enough. Need to work on that.
8. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE JUNK FOOD?
Nachos. The horrible kind with the fake cheese sauce, piled high with jalapenos. The kind you get at a school, track or football event.
9. DO YOU HAVE PETS?
We have Chloe. We rescued her from the shelter at 6 months of age. She resembles an otter pup when she rolls around so she’s earned the nick The Otter Pup. Here she is, looking pissy because The Girl took her from me.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FICTION AND NONFICTION BOOKS?
Too many to list. But I do like dysfunction and darker, heavier reads. I seem to really like dysfunction in marriage and books about suburbia.
11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT?
I am a minimalist when it comes to beauty products, but I have a few that I swear by:
- Noxzema (I have spent hundreds of dollars on cleansers and they all make me break out, but Noxzema never does and it’s dirt cheap. Makes my face feel all tingly.)
- RoC Retinol Correxion (Again, I’ve spent a lot of money on more expensive wrinkle creams but this one is $20, lasts for 3 months, used nightly and works the best).
- Coconut Lip Butter from The Body Shop (I end up buying many tubs of this because The Otter Pup chews them up! It’s the only thing she goes for, she is usually so good.)
12. WHEN WERE YOU LAST EMBARRASSED?
When I fell on Father’s Day while attempting to board a battleship for a tour.
13. IF YOU COULD DRINK ONE BEVERAGE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Water. I am not that into beverages but if I had to pick something other than water, I’d choose iced tea.
14. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?
Again, too many to list but The Breakfast Club never gets old.
15. WHAT WERE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? PROM QUEEN, NERD, CHEERLEADER, JOCK, VALEDICTORIAN, BAND GEEK, LONER, ARTIST, ETC?
I was on drill team and later pep squad… which is sort of like a cheerleader. But I was also into drama and hung out with all types of people.
16. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE?
I’ve never been out of the country. That said, I don’t think I can accurately answer the question but someplace remote would be good, but not too remote. I’d like to be able to drive into town within a reasonable time frame.
17. PC OR MAC?
I use both for work but I prefer the operating system of my Mac.
18. LAST ROMANTIC GESTURE FROM A CRUSH, DATE, BOYFRIEND?
This is small but married people of more than 20 years will get it. I like it when The Hub pours my Sunday morning coffee and brings it to me. It’s as if he knows that I need it right at that moment.
19. FAVORITE CELEB?
Tom Hanks is pretty damn awesome but from the past, I had a thing for Doris Day. Loved her movies. I know she is still around but I miss that era.
20. WHICH BLOGGER DO YOU SECRETLY WANT TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH?
I want to be best friends with everyone. I only follow certain bloggers and if I do, that means that I’ve identified some of my craziness in you… that’s a compliment by the way.
I am not going to tag anyone because I never know who to tag but this has been fun.