This has been a very interesting week of challenges. I think I caught myself going mad at least three times, possibly four. Just too many things coming at me at once and me being too tired to want to deal with any of them. Some things that put me over the top:
- My daughter not getting the part she tried for in the play.
- Attending junior high orientation, the same night she got the news about the play. Hysterics. Sadness. I needed drugs. Didn’t have any.
- My car leaking gasoline everywhere the same day we get the other car back from having the alternator repaired.
- A freak electrical storm which forced track practice to end early and caused The Girl to almost pass out from fright.
But that’s all behind us now and Saturday we had The Girl’s first track meet and she decided to add High Jump as an event. Something she’s always been afraid to try. It was a proud moment to see her do that when I know that deep down, she was terrified. We also attended a choir concert for The Teen. A very nice way to end the day.
The Teen? How has he been? Well, he’s been pretty good. Plugging away at his SAT prep class and preparing for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels in May. He should be getting his license here pretty soon if he ever finishes his driver’s training.
The Girl? Trying to decide what elective to take in junior high. Will she take yearbook like her brother? Or audition for choir? Or will she opt for four quarter long electives? She’s not sure yet. She’s leaning towards yearbook but that and choir she has to apply/interview for so who knows how that will all go.
About to head to church. I sure need it! In addition to my coffee I really want to tempt fate and eat a bagel but I know I can’t do that with my gluten issues. I really want one though.
Should be a better week. We don’t have much going on except track and the basic ensemble rehearsal for the show.
- The Book of Strange New Things (really good but it’s a big one)
- The Bullet (hoping this is a page turner)
Same old stuff but soon things will be ending and I’ll have to fill-up my time with something else.
- The Walking Dead has only two more episodes! Daryl is on a bike again! Things are happening.
- Bates Motel is getting good too but this is a quieter show. Not as much action but it’s riveting.
- Breaking Bad has become one of my fave shows. I am on season four, episode six. My lunches have been enjoyable while watching this one.
I never got to make gumbo last week so I really want it this week. Of course, The Teen will complain. He doesn’t like food that goes over rice.
My bed. I need to catch-up on sleep and although my bed is not new or fancy or adjustable in any way, it feels good to get into it after a long week.