A couple of weeks ago we talked about part one. We are now approaching the end of our read along. By today, 10/24, we should be wrapping-up part two, Chapters 25-44. This section is so bizarre and strange.
- Continues to be very atmospheric but less so than part one.
- What is up with the witch? The hot air balloon was a nice touch but strange and nightmarish.
- Will & Jim continue to be too much alike. I like to refer to them as “Wim” because I have given up trying to tell them apart.
- Will’s dad. We knew something was up with him but the whole thing with his hand… I can’t make sense of it.
On Twitter (#EnterTheRingmaster) one blogger wondered what Bradbury was on when he wrote the book. That’s a good question because part two seemed a little disjointed to me. You’ve got this crazy witch chasing the boys and the visuals he uses to tell that part of the story are so odd. Mr. Dark is still after the boys as well but he seems less of a threat than everyone else and virtually no time is spent AT the carnival. Another adult has been turned into a child, but for what purpose? Will’s father comes to their aid but it’s still questionable how he fits into all of this. I’ve spent the last day pondering what I’ve read but my thoughts are all jumbled up. Partly because of how this part was told. It’s a little chaotic. Pursuits and chases can be like that. I am anxious to see how this story ends.
Next up on the schedule?
- Finish Section 3 (Chapters 45-54) by Friday, October 31st
If you wrote-up a post, just add the link in comments or feel free to comment away here or on Twitter using #EnterTheRingmaster as the hashtag.