The other day, The Hub told me that he bought me something. Something that was unsolicited by me. This has only happened a handful of times and the results (in most cases) were hilarious. I’m sure they weren’t supposed to be and I can count a couple of instances where I pitched a Christmas meal into the trash because of the frustration over said gift or the quippy response that came with it. So when he said he bought me something, I paused and said, “Hmmmm.”
The next day… he said he bought it from a traveling salesman.
Remember that I Love Lucy episode where the guy came to the door selling all that Handy Dandy stuff? I cannot help but think of that episode. What WILL I end up with? The thing is, my needs are few and my wants are simple. I am not a hard person to buy for. I enjoy simple things, meaningful items and gadgets. So just for fun, I am listing stuff here that I wouldn’t mind getting.
- A Nook Simple Touch ( I have a Kindle, which I love but I do not love Amazon)
- The new Michael Bublé Christmas CD (Michael Bublé Christmas)
- A new Tourmaline hair dryer. Mine is dying and bad hair makes me unhappy.
- Dreamer PJ’s from Victoria’s Secret. I spend so much time in PJ’s, might as well have another set.
- A big, giant vat of my fave lotion.
- Some new bookmarks.
- A really nice pair of scissors. My kids take mine and cut bacon (yep!) with them and other damaging materials like glue tubes and Popsicle sticks.
- This very cool calendar.
- This awesome lens for my camera.
- A Spotify upgrade to Premium so I can take my music with me.
- Some sparkly hair clips.
- A copy of A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami
- Any of these movies on DVD: The Family Stone (so great!), It’s a Wonderful Life (lost my copy), Serendipity (John Cusack…sigh)
See? Not so bad, right? Of course, material items aside, good health is always a welcome gift but I don’t believe door-to-door salesmen have figured out a way to sell it.
So, what do you think The Hub got me? Knives? A blender? Tupperware? He doesn’t read my blog so you can have fun with it.