In previous years I’ve chosen, Simplicity, Discover, and Connect but this year it seemed crucial for me to settle on a word that would have a lot of impact on how I live my life. CHANGE, is that word.
Have you chosen a word for 2019? The ones I’ve seen thus far have been really good.
Yes, folks! Finally! My #OneWord for 2016 has been chosen and it’s DISCOVER! A good, strong word and something that I’ve been thinking about for a really long time.
For me, the end of the year is always a time for reflection. What went right? What didn’t? I spent all of 2015 struggling. I couldn’t manage my schedule. I was stressed. I lacked sleep. My health was not good which undoubtedly was not helped by the other stuff I mentioned. It pains me to admit it, but I was not happy. I am normally a pretty happy person so I fought that and tried to be happy but it was just too much energy to maintain. And really, why should anyone have to fake it?
So when break came around and I had 25 days off, I fell apart. Truthfully, it began over Thanksgiving but didn’t actually happen until I was off. It’s like something in my head just went “poof” and that was that. No more.
First, I whined. Then became a little angry and then when I ended up hurting my foot I was forced to just sit down and be still and that is when my word came to me. I need to dig deep and discover who I really am and what I really want from life. The way I’ve been living is not the way I want to live.
Just to clarify. Family is good. Marriage is good. I love my family but I feel as if my mind is often occupied with time schedules, work carry-over, the sludge of every day life. I need an overhaul.
I wan to discover:
- New places (restaurants, book stores, museums).
- New outdoor spaces (parks, lakes, cool beach spots, etc.)
- New books.
- New recipes. I make the same stuff over and over.
- My creative side. I have one but it’s been buried for too long.
- New people. FUN, nice people.
- More beauty in everyday things.
- Art, and become more familiar with certain artists.
- Music. I’ve not listened to music in a really long time.
- New shows. Live theater specifically.
- Classic or historic places.
- My style. What the heck is it? I am all over the place.
I could go on and on but you get the idea. Isn’t DISCOVER a great word? It feels so promising and slightly adventurous. I love it.
I’ve been reading about some of your words but in case I missed it, if you have a word, let me know what it is in comments.