This has seriously been THE best summer of reading I’ve had in a long time. It’s not like I’ve read tons of books but the ones I’ve read have been so much fun to read. I’ve had the luxury of quiet evenings this summer too and I really, really needed them.
- Eat dinner
Yes. The Girl comes looking for me and finds me every time. I ask her to read with me but nope. School reading logs have really turned her off to reading which of course wrecks me in so many ways. Instead she does yoga while I read. Often right next to me. At least it’s a quiet activity.
Usually I try to read some heavier books in the summer but this summer I’ve had fun picking up whatever catches my eye. I so rarely do that!
- Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler (it grew on me)
- End of Watch by Stephen King (solid final installment)
- The Book of Aron by Jim Shepard (book club)
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena (IF I can get the copy to download. #problems)
- The Nest by Cynthia D. Sweeney
What are you reading right now? Has it been a summer of reading for you too?