I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by Helen over at Helen’s Book Blog. Thank you!! It’s been so long since I’ve gotten one of these awards. I feel ancient. This month, my blog is 8 years old if you can believe it.
The rules are the following:
- Say who nominated you for the award and link back to their blog (done)
- Give 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 7 bloggers (I skip this part every time. I don’t follow the rules all that well because I feel like everyone deserves one. )
7 Random Things:
- I am a butter gal. I cannot do margarine. Ever. I can sometimes do coconut oil on toast but never margarine.
- I prefer pencils over pens and if I had my choice, they’d be from Ticonderoga. The best pencils ever. I have a mechanical clip pencil for my planner since I have to clip it to the coil binding and I hate it.
- I pop my popcorn in an old-fashioned crank style popcorn popper that you put on the stove. Ever since all that controversy hit over microwaved popcorn and the respiratory problems the inhaled “artificial butter” can cause, I’ve been popping it this way and now my entire family makes it this way.
- I wish I could sing. My kids can sing but I cannot. I don’t even pretend to be able to because I sound like Kathleen Turner as Chandler’s dad on Friends.
- I’d like to win an Oscar someday for screenwriting. I used to write screenplays. I didn’t SELL any but I used to write them. Will I ever try again? Not sure.
- I used to be a huge Danielle Steele fan! I was only about 13 at the time. My reading tastes have changed quite a bit since then.
- I can eat spicy food. Really spicy, like “sign a waiver spicy”. When I was pregnant with my son, the owner of my favorite Thai restaurant wanted me to sign a waiver before eating the +10 spicy bowl of curry she put in front of me. Another, warned me not to order it that way, saying only two people he knew could eat it that spicy and yep, I ate it. I won’t lie, it’s hot as heck but I like it that way.
That’s it! Tell me something about yourself in the comments below.