We all have them, don’t we? We like to read a specific way with specific things around us and although I can read anywhere, and have been seen reading in some odd places (like the labor and delivery room), I tend to like things a certain way.
Here are a few of my bookish habits. Feel free to add yours in comments!
- I prefer to read while lying on my stomach.
- Couch reading requires a soft throw, even when it’s hot out.
- I. Cannot. Bend. A. Page.
- My Kindle font is so large people across the room can read the darn thing.
- My TBR (to be read) shelf is arranged in the order I plan to read.
- I have four library cards to different systems so I am never without the book I need. Well, rarely.
- The only time I eat and read is while at work.
- People think I read 24-7 but I only read about an hour a day.
- I can read the most gruesome horror and not bat an eye but child molestation, rape and sometimes terminal illness does me in every time. I avoid these subjects.
- After accidentally wiping out my entire Kindle library, I never turn it off for fear of doing it again.
- I keep a Goodreads list, a Library Thing list and a Google Docs list of books I’ve read/reviewed. I think I am afraid of losing that data even though it’s published content on the blog.
- I do not need silence to read in but I prefer it.
- I prefer to tackle challenging books with other people.
- I prefer chunksters over shorter books.
- I do not own many books. I only keep books that are special to me. The rest are given away or donated.
- I can read on my Kindle with e-ink technology but I cannot read on a tablet without getting a splitting headache.
- If someone is reading a book in public, I go out of my way to see what they are reading. I’ve mastered the over-the-shoulder-glance.
- I like to re-read my favorite books from time to time.
- I’ve been known to transport my books around in a zip lock bag to keep them nice. Put in bag, toss in purse.
- In the past, I’ve used tape flags in my books but I hardly ever go back to what I’ve highlighted so now I snap pics of passages to keep them handy.
Now it’s your turn. What bookish habit can you share with us?