It is almost mid-March! Can you believe it? Of course, with the time change and all, I feel totally gipped of a full weekend. I’ll get over it.
Here are some updates:
- The Boy’s basketball season ended. We did not win the championship but it was a great season with great kids and a super coach We really enjoyed this season. Next? The Boy plans to go out for high school ball (frosh). There are some complications with that since the camp conflicts with his 8th grade DC trip. Why do they do that??
- The Girl finished her Toastmaster’s speech and although she memorized it, she ended up reading the entire thing (according to her teacher). I think we had a week off from that and then BAM…a book report. The one with the dreaded biography DOLL that she (we) have to make. She chose King Tut. How does one make a King Tut doll? I am envisioning creative uses of tin foil.
- Tuesday, they post the callback list for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. If the Boy and Girl get a callback, they will be auditioning again the next day. Cross your fingers for me. They each tried out for two parts. The Girl felt good, the Boy was not clear on how he felt. Boys! You have to really dig to get any info.
- Still working out. Still enjoying it (a first). I did something to my calf muscle, which has been bothering me for a really long time. I figured I just wasn’t use to the exercise, but then someone said it might be a blood clot. Gasp. And here I was massaging the hell out of it. I took aspirin for three days and now it’s gone. Hmmm. If it comes back I am going to have to see a doc.
- Doing lots of reading and finally catching up on the reviews. I normally write my reviews before work and since I have been hitting the gym, there is very little time to get them written but I am slowly catching up. I think I have like…12 to write. Eek. I am currently reading The Orphan Master’s Son. It’s very different than what I expected, but it’s really good. At least, it has been. I am about 60 pages into it.
- Spring Break is almost here. We plan to hit Palm Springs and then right after that, The Girl starts volleyball, which is new for her. She took tennis last year. I thought she was pretty good but she wants to try something different this year.
- It’s also gopher season and they have once again dug up our yard. The Hub has his black box trap and is going after them with a vengeance. Reminds me of Caddyshack but these gophers look nothing like that furry little imp from the movie. Think rats with long, long teeth.
Well, that’s pretty much it for me. I made pancakes (gluten-free) and bacon for breakfast and drank about 4 cups of coffee. Weeeeee, I am wired! I made meatballs last week to throw into the crock pot this weekend so pasta and meatballs for dinner tonight. Easy and good. I’m all for that.
Have a wonderful Sunday, I plan to stop by your blogs later today.