The weekend is coming to a close. Where did it go?
Yesterday we hit a Dodger game. I haven’t been to one in YEARS. I bet I know why. A family of four, plus food and drinks and parking came to a whopping $240. Going to the game should not cost that much. I’m sorry. BUT, it was my daughter’s first time going, and she was very excited.
Today I’ve been in a cleaning frenzy.
- I cleaned out the garage and organized all the shelving.
- I re-organized the kitchen cupboards.
- I bought new dishes and glasses to put in the newly organized cupboards.
- I had to go back to the store to return one set as there were some broken cups, but all is replaced now.
- I cleaned out the fridge including all of the produce drawers.
- I re-organized my craft table.
While cleaning the garage I found a long-lost gift. An electric fondue pot! It was brand-new. Well unused, but three years new so we had fondue for dinner but guess what? Just when I was envisioning fondue parties with all of my neighbors, the damn thing short-circuited and caused a tiny electrical fire. I was goofing around on Facebook when it happened but thankfully I was close enough to catch it before it burned the kitchen down. The cheese was fine so we still had dinner (my priorities are twisted I know) but the rest is now resting peacefully in the trash.
In case you are wondering, we do have smoke alarms but I disabled the one in the kitchen because it was going off all the time. Not that I burn things often but steam or any rise in temp (like the oven door opening) caused it to go off so I moved it to another location on the same floor.
On the reading front:
- I just started The Passage by Justin Cronin. I have high hopes for this one.
- I just wrote up my review of Legend of a Suicide. Interesting read. My review posts on Tuesday so you’ll have a wait a bit longer to hear what I have to say about it.
- My giveaway for a copy of Let the Great World Spin is still going on. Click here for more info.
- On June 3rd, my book club will be discussing Zeitoun by Dave Eggers. I haven’t started it yet but I plan to read it over Memorial Day weekend.
As you can see, it’s been a busy weekend. I think it will be like this until school lets out. The Boy is promoting to 7th (they call it promoting here because the term “graduate” implies that you are done with your education, whereas “promote” means there is more to come). So there is much excitement in my house right now.
The Girl has been throwing tantrums all weekend so I hope she isn’t coming down with something.
Now, back to reading I go.