Happy Sunday to you. My week has been wrought with challenges. My work was gracious enough to provide me with a beautiful MacBook a few years ago. I love my MacBook. A lot. However, this week they had me upgrade the operating system so that I could document a process for the folks here on campus. It did not go well.
My computer imploded.
I’m not sure what happened, but it’s FRIED. I sent it off to the repair facility. I hope they can get it back to me quickly or better yet replace the darn thing but the budget is tight here in the state of California so if it’s toast, my posting may be too.
Honestly though, I really need to get my own but with furloughs and all, money has been tight. It’s hard to justify an expensive piece of equipment like that. Needless to say, I have to do most of my posting at work, or from my phone and that’s just not feasible for my poor eyesight. Tiny screen + bad eyes = migraine.
I did manage to post three reviews through all of these issues: Catching Fire (fun book), What the World Will Look Like When All the Water Leaves Us (loved it) and The Weight of Heaven (loved it).
I plan to spend the entire day reading. What’s on deck, you ask?
- If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous
- A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks
- Beatrice and Virgin by Yann Martel
- The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson (although I promised someone I would read this with him and he’ll kick my butt if I open it before he gets his copy. Although I did read the first page. Shhhh. Don’t tell.)
How are you spending your day?