Cathy from 746 Books announced her 20 Books of Summer event!
I know with all the moving that my kids will be doing between Southern California, Kansas and Missouri, I will not get to 20 books. I know this for a fact! But, I was reminded that there is a 10 or 15 book option. With my brain the way it has been even 10 sounds like a stretch but I love a good list and I love planning.
Here are the details (loosely). Visit Cathy’s page for more info.
- Choose your list and share it with her when she kicks off the event.
- When you post about it, use the hashtag #20booksofsummer21. I plan to use this hashtag for my 10 book goal as well.
- Runs from Tuesday, June 1 and finishes on Wednesday, September 1.
- In the past she has read the books and posted the reviews by the time the event ends but I won’t be doing that. Especially as August will be really busy for me between the move and also my own campus starting back up.
Here is what I hope to read and I’ve included publication dates to keep me on track.
Will you be joining us?
This is a list of the books I read and reviewed in 2020. What a year this was!! All the time to read and yet so difficult to focus. I still managed to hit my reading goal though and did manage to read some really good books.
Each link takes you directly to my review of that book. Happy New Year!
- A Good Neighborhood by Therese Anne Fowler
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
- The Need by Helen Phillips
- The Other Mrs. Miller by Allison Dickson
- Bunny by Mona Awad
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- What Rose Forgot by Nevada Barr
- Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- The River at Night by Erica Ferencik
- The Deep by Alma Katsu
- Before She Knew Him by Peter Swanson
- The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley
- Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
- The Woman in the Dark by Vanessa Savage
- Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- The Swap by Robyn Harding
- Dead To Her by Sarah Pinborough
- Make Your Home Among Strangers by Jennine Capò Crucet
- A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight
- If It Bleeds by Stephen King
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth
- The Last Flight by Julie Clark
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- The Second Home by Christina Clancy
- The Safe Place by Anna Downes
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- The Boy from the Woods by Harlan Coben
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- The End of the Day by Bill Clegg
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Don’t Look For Me by Wendy Walker
- One By One by Ruth Ware
- Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell
- Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam
- You Can’t Catch Me by Catherine McKenzie
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- The Weekend by Charlotte Wood
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen