I love this reading challenge for many reasons but these are the top two:
- It marks the beginning of a new season.
- Absolutely anyone can participate AND be a success because there are so many levels of participation.
The Estella Society is hosting R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril this year so head over to their site to sign up but here are the details:
- The event runs from September 1 – October 31
- Read or watch movies that fall into the following categories:
- Dark Fantasy
- Have fun reading and watching
- Share that fun with others
Here is what I am signing up for:
Peril the Second. Read two books of any length that you believe fit within the R.I.P. categories. Post reviews on the review site. I am signing up for two books but will mostly likely read more.
Peril the Screen. This is for those of us that like to watch suitably scary, eerie, mysterious gothic fare during this time of year. It may be something on the small screen or large. It might be a television show or your favorite film. If you are so inclined, please post links to any R.I.P.-related viewing you do on to the review site as well.
There is also a group read planned for The Quick this month so be sure to check it out if that is something you’re interested in as well.
Some possible reading choices for this event:
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- Summer of Night by Dan Simmons
- What else should I add? Blanking on scary books.
What I plan to watch:
- Halloween (I watch it every year. It is not Halloween without seeing it at least twice.)
- Halloween II (Who can resist Jamie Lee Curtis limping around with that busted ankle?)
- Halloween H2O (I’ve not seen but was told it’s pretty good).
- (I need a new movie to watch, suggestions?)
If this sounds like fun (and it is), then head on over to The Estella Society to sign up.
12 thoughts on “R.I.P. X – Muahahaha! It’s a Super Fun Event”
I listened to Salem’s Lot after reading it years ago. Good pick! I really loved all the references to previous vampires.. 🙂
I haven’t picked what I’m going to do for this yet, but I still have some time.
This is perfect for you. Have fun!
RIP is such a fun event. I read Salem’s Lot back in college… it scared me to death! Should be right up your alley 😉
Oh, this does sound like a lot of fun! Salem’s Lot is a wonderful choice too 🙂 You always track down the best challenges, Ti! Have a great weekend 🙂
I love RIP! Normally I would have already signed up and posted about it, but for some reason I’m not in the mood. I think I’ll read some scary books for RIP, but won’t be signing up for it this year. I’ll just read everyone’s posts about what they read instead. I’ve actually been thinking of reading Salem’s Lot lately, too. It would be perfect for RIP. Enjoy!!
There is supposed to be a read along for Salem’s Lot in October but I haven’t gotten the details yet.
How about American Psycho (movie) LOL
I love this challenge as well.
I watched a little of American Psycho when I read the book for a read along. It didn’t have the same tone as the book but truthfully, I was a little afraid to watch the entire thing. Have you seen it?
Happy Birthday! I posted a review of Atlas Shrugged for your present…
This sounds like fun….simple enough for even me.
This sounds like such fun. I’m always SO tempted to join in. Just borrowed The Quick from the library …
R.I.P is a fun event, for sure. I will take a look and see if I can get a copy of The Quick as well.