I’ve mentioned this tournament before but I am so excited when they announce the book list for the coming year. Beginning in March, these books will be matched-up against one another and will duke it out until a winner has been chosen. The judges for each match are usually very funny and extremely well-read and they change every year.
Even if you choose not to follow the tournament itself, what a great book list. Everyone loves a good list.
The 2013 Tournament of Books Finalists
- HHhH by Laurent Binet
- The Round House by Louise Erdrich
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Arcadia by Lauren Groff
- How Should a Person Be? by Sheila Heti
- May We Be Forgiven by A.M. Homes
- The Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson
- Ivyland by Miles Klee
- Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Dear Life by Alice Munro
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
- Building Stories by Chris Ware
- [Winner of the Pre-Tournament Playoff Round. Who will it be??]
Pre-Tournament Playoff Round
- Fobbit by David Abrams
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain
- The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers
For more information, visit their website.