Hello. How are you?
A book blogger’s life revolves around what is being read, what has just been read and what he/she plans to review next. Oh, and I can’t forget the funnest part of it all, the whole “what to read next” conversation that seems to take place in my head nearly every minute of the day. All it takes is a little bit of life getting in the way and all of a sudden you find yourself scrambling to catch-up.
That is the story of my life these days.
With school starting this week, the reading hasn’t really happened and I have five reviews to write-up so this weekend will be spent catching up.
Random thoughts from the week as there are many swirling around in my mind at the moment:
- A situation at work did not turn out as planned and one thing that was said to me, keeps replaying itself in my head over and over again. In the end, it just doesn’t matter but it’s hard to move on.
- A shoe ban at my daughter’s school seems like a pointless thing to worry about, but anything that affects the daily dress routine is like throwing a stick into my bicycle wheel. No slip-ons unless they have a rubber vamp (which makes no sense).
- It would be easier for everyone if we didn’t have to eat. I am really hating the cooking after work routine. It’s a chore for me right now and I just don’t want to do it.
- The Otter Pup is having to adapt to being home alone, now that The Teen has started school again. I worry about her. She’s such a sweet pup. That means extra time with her when we get home, which also makes the “no cooking” thing even more plausible. Ha.
- We may have to look for a new gardener. We have had the same guy for years but the lawn looks like like someone parked an RV on it and left it there for, oh… 3 weeks or so. There is some weird fungus and mushrooms are everywhere. It’s not good and we pay a lot for the service.
- I was told by The Teen that his choir trip is mandatory. They are going to Vancouver over Spring Break. As he was telling me this, all I saw was $$$. Oh, and he needs a passport card. They have such things?
- Vans or Converse? I want some black tennies.
And this item, which gets its own paragraph, what to read next? I recently read two books that have gotten a lot of hype and praise. Both started off strong and then petered out. I definitely don’t want to read another one like that.
After reviewing my to-read list, I think I will go with these. I want something that will pull me in quickly. Click on the covers for more info:
Have you read any of these? I love Maynard’s writing so I am really looking forward to After Her.